3.20.2009

Pressing Conferences

So on Tuesday I had to wake early and head to Scape Youth Park (with my ultra sore leg muscles from hell-ish physio the day before) for a press conference with the guys for the Singapore Street Festival. Which did sound like alot of fun to do. Simply cos I've never done like a real press conference before. Ok fine I've never done a fake press conference either. Not the point.

I THINK the Street Festival is SOMETHING LIKE a bunch of coolass performers go around and perform and stuff and in return they each get support for their events.

So basically I THINK all the performers there gathered to give the press (and obligatory Minister VIP) a sneak preview of what's going down. So it was pretty fun. There was a ALMOST metrosexual "hiphop/street dance" (what do they actually call it?) group. Which was pretty ok.

I think this guy's name was Shen (?) who is a really solid guitarist. He played like a not-so-guitar-god level instrumental which already is pretty impressive. Only thing is I never did manage to see his eyes. He was really cool though.


There were the ever flashy B-boys. Again a pretty solid crew. Not the best but still pretty good. With the obligatory freeze shot.

I just had to take a picture of him molesting himself. SORRY!

Obligatory too-fast-for-my-camera shot. I guess.

The Rap group whose name i forgot. Which really wasn't my thing. They were all right I guess. Very friendly guys though from the little interaction I had with them.

THE CROWD. I think because everyone there is either a performer or working for the festival so everyone was really supportive when we performed which was coolio. Pink arrow points to girl who (for some reason) looked like the happiest smiliest girl in the world when we were performing. I tell myself she looked like that only for our performance.

Me and Annie who deserves Super Massive props for holding down this festival for I don't know how many years, her tireless support of local youth culture giving Singaporean Youth a platform to showcase their skillz. Srsly.

THE CREW! Mr. Ong, Drew Beans, Q, "The Tall & Handsome One", JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment