8.30.2009

Saturdays Are For The Hardcore: Baybeats Day 2


So after a sleepless night and running around doing 4 shows I'm mad tired. I reach Esplanade got a seat to watch The Marilyns and freaking fell asleep (sorry) waiting for my friend.
Then we went to watch Meza Virs which sounded weird on their MySpace. But their live set killed everything that came before and after them. They're like a Heavy Goth Metal band, rockin' out in leather trench coats and heavy make up, I really expected them to sound like a joke.
But once they started though I was quite blown away. Hard ass band, with screaming/growling vocals that actually sound good (rare) and a female vocalist to balance it all up. They stayed in their theatrical Goth character almost throughout the whole set. Even in between songs, the frontman(pic above) keeps his growl while speaking to the crowd. So imagine just before his last song, trying to get the (already chaotic) crowd to go crazy one last time he growls
I want to see the biggest moshpit in the history of Singapore open up from the front to the back. I don't want to see any Kung Fu shit in there. Someone falls down you pick him up.
*Kids start moshing even before the song starts
Not fucking now. (Ed. note: still growling)Why are you guys so fucking kan cheong.
I stayed awake for like 8 hours after that.
It's Day 3 today, with headlining band Anberlin and the much talked about Inch Chua. But the rain is not looking good for the field where we stand on.

1 comment:

  1. KAN CHEONG
    (kahn chee-ong)
    A Cantonese and Hokkien term meaning nervous, harried or uptight. Though I think in this case he meant impatient/excited.

    ReplyDelete