7.10.2009

To Break A World Record: Day 1

They're going to hold a Record Setting session on Sunday morning. This is a trick we call a Suicide, which is one of my favourite tricks.

I hold the National Record for consecutively catching that 22 times. The World Record tracked by the AYYA by the German dude sits at a whooping 42.

Having not practiced consecutively catching suicides in probably 3 or 4 years I am Super Rusty. Still, I um.. kinda decided a few hours ago to give the World Record a shot.

Day 1 training was not too encouraging. The yoyo I'm using currently doesn't spin long enough to hit even 35. So I decided to bust out the old (equally rusty) Minimotu, cleaned it up, and it seems to be doing pretty well except I wish it had a bigger gap so the string wouldn't keep slipping out.

Technique wise, Im probably going with slow and steady catching one at a time. The rush technique is waaay too dangerous. Still the rust is showing. I rarely even hit above 30 concesutives. Only managed to go above 42 twice. A 49 and 43.

More training tomorrow's aim is to hit 42 catches 10 times. Only 3 more days to practice Hah. And I dont even know if this event is recognised by the very picky AYYA.

No comments:

Post a Comment