6.04.2009

Dead Tired.

Whoo! SYYC is over. Just sent the last judge (and his too crazy for this blog friend) on his flight. It was crazy tiring this time having 2 gigs to do in the morning before rushing to the competition. And the outdoor venue proved too hot for many competitors to handle. Still it was awesome fun though.

Counterweight was easy cos I wasn't expecting much from it. And no pressure and the heat doesn't really affect the string play. I qualified a crazy 3rd.

Microphone wrestling with anna the emcee >.<

Single Yoyo which has been my main event for the longest time, I totally messed up the qualifiers and crashed out not qualifying for the first time in a long while. :( Think it was both the pressure and the heat->sweaty hands.
Taka said "I rike your style *chopsticks* lil' bit sad no final"
Mr. Ong said "LIL' BIT~!? ONLY LIL BIT~?!"

Double Yoyo was crazy. Too crazy. I started strong for the qualifiers. Than for some weird reason kept missing the basic double loops. I just pressed on and finished my tricks. When they called up the last name of the finalists I was not up. Sad.
Then they told me they mixed things up (again) and I was in WHOO! Happiness!! Considering the mistake was so simple and so many older players decided not to take part, I think I was pretty lucky to qualify.

For some reason this picture taken on the first day summed up the comtest well as much as it was a sign of things to come. *photos courtesy of jael*

There were ALOT of photos taken. More when I get them! And finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment