5.12.2010

Express Teppanyaki

The first time I stepped into a food court many years ago, I immediately decided this was what I was going to have. I remembered the experience was amazing, the chef cooking right in front of us was skillful, flashy and professional. I just kept watching his performance as he whipped up the meal and placed in on our metal foils. He really made every action look pretty cool.

Fast forward to tonight's dinner with J, the same deal (I guess) in a different time and space was drabby at best. It could be because it was the end of a long day, or maybe the chef was new, but the performance I was looking forward to wasn't even one. No style, no flair, no energy. Food wasn't as great as I remembered. It certainly wasn't bad, but I was just hoping for so much more.
Maybe I'm just harder to please now?

No comments:

Post a Comment