1.07.2010

The Price of Nostalgia

So the story is in Taiwan their bubble tea chain 50嵐 (Wu Shi Larn) had this once crazy chocolate drink that just doesn't exist here.
Then for the longest time, people have been telling me that they've opened a branch in Singapore somewhere in Toa Payoh, but I've never had the chance to go check it out until now. ZT and me trekked to Toa Payoh, got lost, called a friend, stepped up to the counter and told the kind girl that I was looking for a drink called Ke Ke Bah Lay.

So I had my first sip in maybe 2 years but found that it just didn't seem all that great anymore. Sure it still tasted really good, but it didn't taste like the heaven I remembered it to be.
But I guess, just making me remember the good times in Taiwan, that's good enough for me.
Koi Cafe is at BLK 190A Toa Payoh #01-562. Also at Marine Parade and Ang Mo Kio!
When you're there ask for a large cup of Ke Ke Bah Lay (Cocoa Barry in English) and 70% sugar. It's a little bitter so add a scoop of ice cream and you're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment