2.25.2011

For Nothing But

I had a slightly heated debate with Elaine over the nature of human motivation. I argued that everything we do for someone we do it to trade for something else. I scratch your back you scratch mine. She argued that isn't the case for everything, that sometimes we do things just cos we want to help or just cos we're nice or we're friends.

I think that's BS because even then, we do it because we want to be known as helpful or to maintain the friendship. Everything we do, we trade for something else. Sometimes we trade (donate) $5 just for The Good Feeling that we have done something positive.

I then proceeded to ask her to be my debt collector for like 15 min. She passed me the money in this cute envelope she drew herself~ I hope we can have more debates because there are still some outstanding debts to be collected!

^^ Thanks Elaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment