10.06.2009

I am 20kg~~!

Super good show at Annie's (from Street Fest!) Galilee Terian Church! As opposed to City Harvest's penchant to impress the world, this is a very humble, family, homely Church, a welcome change from the glitzy lights.
While everything is not as polished and grand and flashy, it is very real, very thoughtful, and full of character.

The Church kids performed this ultra funky thing called a Pianica before us. You kinda press a note and blow into it creating a sound! Quite impressive and seemed like a lot of fun!


Picture with the (very noble) volunteers there!

The food (which they generously unloaded on us) was all prepared by the Church members. Thoughtful, home-made mini-cake you can't ever get a caterer to imitate. Plain, simple, thoroughly lovable.

Tan Ee Na told me she was 20kg and proceeded to jump on me demanding me to carry her. I did! With her brother and friends~

They sent us all the way to the gate! So sweet! I think I will remember this one forever. Sob~

It's funny how I've performed for far louder and bigger crowds, but I still think this is one of the best ever. When I get to interact with the people more, I realise they're just like all of us, normal people leading everyday lives that get together every week and try to do something for the everyday, normal neighbourhood kids. There's something very romantic about that.
Thanks everyone there! It was an absolute pleasure!
:-)

1 comment:

  1. The pianica is a keyboard with a harmonica attached. You don't actually have to know how to play a harmonica. On the pianica, the harmonica part is a mouthpiece you blow into. It's the keyboard with which you'll need some experience if you want to learn the correct way to play the pianica. A nice feature of the pianica is the sound, which isn't tinny like other small keyboards.

    ReplyDelete